The Achensee is a paradise for hikers
The Achensee is embraced by two mountains: the Rofan and the Karwendel. 500 kilometres of well-marked trails make it a popular destination for hikes year-round. Here, you will find both easy, flat trails and technically challenging itineraries, ideal for the most ambitious athletes. The best starting point? The Rieser, your hotel in the Austrian Tirol.
Hiking trip in Tirol
- 500 km of marked trails in perfect condition. The Karwendel, with its 730 km² is the largest protected natural area in Europe.
- Quality hikes: the territory has been exhibiting the Tiroler Bergwege-Gütesiegel seal of quality for several years.
- Nature in the magic of the seasons: sensations to experience.
- Simple trails with few sloping trails through spectacular natural landscapes.
- Possibility to reach the mountain valleys directly from Pertisau: the Rieser is the ideal starting point for your excursions in Tirol.
- Vie ferrate routes of varying degrees of difficulty.
- Itineraries of various difficulties on the traditional Karwendel trails.
- Hiking and walking trails on the Achensee immersed in mountain scenery.
Rieser's extra services
At Rieser, we offer free backpacks and hiking poles as well as snowshoes. Upon returning to the hotel, we will delight you with delicious freshly baked cakes and, if you wish, with a regenerating sports massage with Tyrolean fossil oil. To find inspiration for your excursions on the Achensee, click here: